Sunday, September 30

writer's high?

I would like to start getting back into writing again. I feel like I haven't created anything beautiful in awhile. A chapter in a book, a poem, a song, a blog entree.. I'm grasping for something tangible to see, to reflect, to be proud of. And so far, I haven't gotten that. Maybe that's one of my problems lately. I don't really know. It's like I'm missing some sort of writer's high that I need in order to function properly and since I haven't gotten it, I'm lacking. That among other things.

I think I need to get my focus off of boys and onto myself. Not that the focus should all be on me.. no, I definitely need to put the spotlight on God. But I think I'm so focused on trying to catch someone's eye that I'm not doing myself any favors. I'm not giving myself what I NEED. And what I need is a strong relationship with my Jesus, something I miss, and my writer's high. I need those two things in order to live and breathe freely. So. Let's try and get those two things back.

I suppose this blog entree is one place to start, eh? If I want to be a writer, the best thing I think to do is write. And then write some more. And then some more. I've taken a waaaay too long of an oasis. Time to get back into the swing of things. And write. Writewritewritewritewrite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have something to say?