Wednesday, March 30

A thousand miles seems pretty far.


I pray for the kind of love people say exists.
I pray for the kind of love full of picnic baskets and bike rides and lollipops.
I pray for the kind of love that will last a lifetime.
I pray for the kind of love filled with kisses on the cheek and blushing and warm embraces.
I pray for the kind of love that makes you see stars.
I pray for the kind of love dreams are made of.
I pray for the kind of love full of laughter and long talks and a deeper connection.

But since I don't have that yet, there must be things I need to do alone. Embracing this time of singleness that, I'll admit, seems to stretch oh so very long..... Perhaps I'm not ready yet for the kind of relationship I desire. Perhaps my future husband isn't ready. Maybe we both need to grow or things need to happen. Truth is, I don't really know.

But I know He does.
And so....

I wait for the kind of love people say exists.
I wait for the kind of love full of picnic baskets and bike rides and lollipops.
I wait for the kind of love that will last a lifetime.
I wait for the kind of love filled with kisses on the cheek and blushing and warm embraces.
I wait for the kind of love that makes you see stars.
I wait for the kind of love dreams are made of.
I wait for the kind of love full of laughter and long talks and a deeper connection.

And wait for the man of my dreams to come find me.

7 comments:

  1. oh my freaking gosh. Jodie! You are so amazing.

    This is basically EXACTLY what I needed to hear right now.

    I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this whole post is going in my quotes document. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. LOVE this. I love your new layout, I love this post, I love love loooooev it!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this; beautiful, and so true! God can see the big picture, and eventually when we get to see the big picture too, it takes our breath away at how amazing He is! =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so cute! :)
    and btw: lol what age did you that I am?

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet and the perfect outlook to have :)

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say?