Tuesday, May 8

They thought we were crazy; we thought they were boring.

on saturday I went to my first, what I guess you'd call, "high school" party. there was no drugs or alcohol or anything of that sort. but there was dancing and laughing and boys. nothing extraordinary happened to me and there was some drama and jabs - of course. but as i was a little ways away from the commotion, talking with a couple friends, it felt just like i was in a movie. something you always see, but never quite experience. it was western themed and most everyone was decked out in flannel. the dance floor was the grass, framed with lights. i drank a lot of lemonade.

the night before i helped with little elementary and younger schooled kids feel like princesses. and the morning after i worked elephant ears to raise money for camp. i had a coke-fanta slushie that day. i haven't had one in a long time and it was delicious. 

how was your weekend? 



1 comment:

  1. That sounds like so much fun! I'm going into high school next year and I'm really hoping someone will throw a "clean" party like that, that isn't a birthday party.

    ReplyDelete

Have something to say?